Jan 14, 2009

Nothing in particular

I keep thinking, after every move we make, that soon life will evolve into some kind of routine. Of course, that never really happens, and I guess "routine" would soon become boring. Mindy/Mel's emergency surgery in December postponed our settling in here in Fairhope for a little while, but between Christmas and New Year's we were finally able to finish unpacking boxes packed in Mexico and find places for everything.

The last week in December we were on our own since Corey, Candy, and Gaby were still in KY visiting the Webers (Candy's family).
Bob and Evelyn Young (friends from early navy days) invited us to dinner one night, and they came here for a New Year's Day brunch. We walked to the library with the dogs, taking turns outside at a little park. The two dogs got quite a bit of attention as usual. Then C,C,&G came back to town and the pace picked up fast. We began our belated Hanukkah and lit candles most every night.
Candy is in the midst of rehearsals for Much Ado about Nothing in Mobile,(she's Beatrice)and she worked a lot last week so we didn't see very much of her. Corey is still going into work and has picked up some extra work from his old job in California which he can do from his RIISnet office or from home. So we kept Gaby a good bit last week. We went to the park/beach just below the house.
She rode her little bike and Bob carried it down the bluff steps. We fed the ducks and geese at the duck pond, and the dogs trotted happily on their leashes. Another day we walked to the library with her for story time--only story time didn't start up again until this week. Gaby walked (and ran) all the way there and back without any lifts.

This week is a little bit slower (on the babysitting front) since Candy is trying to plan her work schedule around Gaby's preschool. We'll be babysitting two or three afternoons. Yesterday I had my first pottery class at the Fairhope Arts Center, which is only about 3 blocks away. I'm so excited. I've wanted to do this for over 30 years! We had Gaby for a couple of hours then went to Sam's to stock the freezer. Corey has a sinus/ear infection so I made chicken soup yesterday and Gaby will help me make the matzo balls to add to it this evening. Since Candy is rehearsing most every night, Corey and Gaby share dinner with us most nights.

Trying to do our part for the economy, we bought a new TV this week--flat-screen LCD. Bob is thrilled(so am I), since it's a purchase we've talked about for awhile. Bob and Corey watched the KY/Tennessee basketball game last night in high definition last night. Since KY won, they were very happy with the experience.


(Note: I could have put an image here related to UK basketball, but the UL Cardinal in me just wouldn't allow it, so the TV image won out.)

4 comments:

Zannah said...

Welcome back to blogging! I've missed it. (You blogging, not blogging in general. Doing it every day doesn't give me time to miss it.) Love the update (and the pictures).

Where in the world are B & B? said...

It's really fun to put the pictures in, but I still haven't figured out how to email just the notification. The test pattern was the whole thing. I think Corey knows how to do it.

Pamela said...

I am so jealous of your material goods.

Jessica said...

Gaby is so cute. Very cool that Candy is Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. I'm impressed.

Chuck and I keep talking about taking pottery classes. When he was a teenager he was apparently quite good at it. (The last time I worked with clay was in 3rd grade when I made a very misshapen lion with a brown body and yellow mane...our choice of paint was limited.) Anyway, it sounds like a neat hobby.