Feb 7, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday: A Cloudy Day

Not that one has anything to do with the other, but for some reason I had the blues today: missing my own home where I know where (most) everything is and if I need something I know where to go shopping to find it.  Most of all, I'm missing the kids and friends--all y'all, including Susannah and John who aren't where "home" is, but it feels different here somehow even though we communicate the same way--at a distance.  As the day wore on, that feeling of displacement, dislocation, whatever it was just hung over me like the overcast skies today--the first cloudy day since we got here about 18 days ago.  We got to talk to everybody which helped a lot.  But I really found my own personal cloud lifting when I started cooking tonight's dinner--risotto and shrimp.  Maybe the familiar movements, having everything I needed at hand, doing something productive, but it helped a lot.

Super Bowl? Only the background to my cooking. Time to eat dinner.

1 comment:

Zannah said...

It's going to snow tomorrow (Tuesday). Your one cloudy day in three weeks does not compare.