Feb 8, 2016

Baby Steps

Things are looking up today! I drove all by myself somewhere. Freedom!


I hadn't really missed driving.  In fact, I didn't know it made a difference until I was out on the carretera, having successfully navigated the left turn across traffic at the bottom of the hill.  I was on my way to my first yoga class all by myself. And as I settled into the (relatively) easy Mexican road, I realized that the radio was on, tuned in to SiriusXM to one of my favorite stations.  Wow--instant happiness boost!

Later, as I was prepping pico de gallo for our dinner of black beans and rice, it occurred to me that since Bob has unraveled the mysteries of streaming Roku etc. out of the US, maybe we could get Pandora streaming on the TV as well.  Yes! So (of course you'll never guess my cooking dinner station), I happily chopped away.  The rice is ready, the pico de gallo is ready.  All I have to do is heat the beans.  And even more daring, I'm going to have a Corona with dinner, maybe the whole bottle.  Too soon to say.
Bob is reading with his feet up and we have plans to watch last night's Downton Abbey and maybe the James Bond Spectre we've been saving--pirated copy from the market.

And I think I'm going to create a Dean Martin station for our Pandora. Even more happiness. The power of music.

(Somebody please comment so I know you're out there??)

3 comments:

Zannah said...

Word.

(Works on multiple levels, actually.)

Corey Shiffman said...

If you're going to drink the entire Corona, please have Dad hide the car keys first!

Where in the world are B & B? said...

I couldn't finish it although I got at least about 3/4 of the way through it. It's just so filling!