Feb 11, 2011

Grumpy








So I guess it's time to bring back my grumpy kitty.  This is how I felt all day yesterday.  Why, you ask?  I woke up to what was dawning as a sunny day.  Yay for sunshine!

But the temperature was 9 degrees
 ...Fahrenheit

For you celsius people, that's....wait a minute....minus 13C (-13!). 

Right now the temperature here is 20 degrees F, exactly the same temp as in Oslo and Stockholm right now.


But I didn't really get grumpy until I started grading student papers in the afternoon.  Just explain to me how an assignment can say this:

"Your paper should be no less than 800 words, but you can certainly exceed that."

And half the papers stop somewhere around 400-500 words!  Totally failing to develop their topic.  And did I mention plagiarism?  Just a little thing.

OK, OK, I know nobody cares..........and that makes me grumpy, too!





(You can click on the strip to read it more clearly.)





3 comments:

Corey Shiffman said...

Could it also be that someone doesn't want to turn another year older tomorrow?

Melinda/Mindy/Mel said...

Better than the alternative, I always say! Happy birthday, Mom!

Where in the world are B & B? said...

That's NOT why I was grumpy!