Jan 15, 2011

How cold is it really?

We're actually having a heat wave.  The current temperature is 37 degrees Fahrenheit.  Hold on a minute while I go to Google to translate that into Celsius............. Ok, it's 2.777777.  That sounds much colder to me than 37.

A few weeks ago, I got a cool new 4G (3G?) phone, a 'Droid.  Here it is:



I'm still figuring out how to do stuff--like calling the people I mean to call instead of some random ones--but the weather app is really fun.  I can set the weather for hundreds of places and see the current temp and conditions instantly. (Why do I need to do that? No reason. It's just fun.  And so far, I can't do much else with it!)

So how cold is it around the world? I'm so glad you asked!

How about balmy North Palm Beach?  69 F or 20.5 C  Not bad for January

Ashburn, VA?  34 F or 1.1 Brrrr

Fairhope, Alabama? 42 F and partly sunny. 5.5 C

Belfast? 54F with showers (of course).  12.2C  and they complain about how cold Ireland is!

Aberdeen, Scotland? 48F and cloudy 8.8C  Not so bad there on the North Sea.

Brisbane, Australia? Nice. 70 F or 21.1C

Braunschweig, Germany? 48F.  Same as Aberdeen.

London?  52F and cloudy. 11.1

Paris? 46F and cloudy. 7.7

Ok, all you Europeans, I don't want to hear any more complaints about how cold it is there in the winter. 

Oh, wait:

St. Petersburg, Russia? 5F with snow. -15C

Make that no complaints except for you Russians.

(Is this not the most boring post I've ever done?  If not, I challenge you to come up with another more boring.  That's what winter does to you....at least to me.)

1 comment:

Zannah said...

I thought that was more entertaining than some of mine. I win. Also, you don't have a Droid phone. You have an Evo (4G). Android is your operating system. Get your facts right! Love you...