Jun 13, 2007

El Tianguis


Betty and I went to the Market today (El Tianguis.) Every Wednesday here in Ajijic and nearly every day in one of the villages up and down the lake. I've tried to capture what's available and posted pictures here (Warning to the feint of heart- there's 56 pics in this file.) To give you some idea of prices, a half kilo of strawberries was 10 pesos (a little less than a dollar!) The large, tiled mirrors were quoted at 300 pesos as a starting point. DVD's (pirated, of course) around 60 pesos. Quantity discounts available all around. Better get down here! I sure hope this link works.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Betty;
What a beautiful, colorful place. What is the stringy thing in the cups on the picture with the fruit? I'll be coming with Pam and Steve to bust you two out of jail. Since we're on the run anyway, can we run by the market and grab one of everything. Also, Pam forgot to tell you that the code words are Pancho Villa;-)

Where in the world are B & B? said...

I had to go back and look at the picture. It's shredded fruit with many some shredded jicama,too. I'm not sure. Didn't try it.